mview applet stopped working | gridbagview.jar not found

User a52f97d128

25-08-2005 14:46:19

Dear all,

I have several webpages displaying molecular structures using mview. The server is a jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31 running on a red-hat 9 platform. Jchem version : jchem3.0.13

MViews applets (note : msketch applets work fine) stopped running on a client (windows xp pro, ie version 6), only when connecting to this particular server. Other clients connecting to this server do not have any pb displaying the applets.

The java console displays a fileNotFoundException :

marvin/sjars/view/swing/gridbagview.jar

I checked : this file is not present on the server. But why do not other client look for this particular files ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

26-08-2005 09:44:49

Hi,

This is probably a sign of conflicting version at the client.

Please delete the classloader cache in the Java console at the client and restart the browser.

It's also recommended to clear the browser's cache too.

Please let me know if it helps.

Best regards,

Szilard

User a52f97d128

26-08-2005 10:02:22

Thanks for your answer ...

I already tried that without any success. I also tried to have the applets running on a fresh installation of netscape, but it gave me the same error message.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

26-08-2005 10:14:18

Please also make sure there are no ChemAxon jar files in the CLASSPATH either ... they might also interfere.

Szilard

User a52f97d128

26-08-2005 12:07:31

I also tried :

- pointing the java_home to a fresh installation of JAVA (1.4.2_09)

- reinstalling tomcat and marvin on the server

- putting out of the path the marvin beans (client side)

Do you know what the gridbagview.jar file is for and why would my pc, and only it, look for it ?

It seems to me that this pb occured after playing with the mspace beans and applets (examples on your website and installation on my server - reinstalled in the meantime)

User a52f97d128

26-08-2005 12:13:56

I removed the certificates for the applets and then visited the webpages again. It asked me for the authorization and then ... it worked !

I do not understand anything of it, but happy end anyway.

thanks,

Vincent